Read Across America - Summer Reading Program Sign Up Week
- Read Across America - Summer Reading Program Sign Up Week
- Sign up for the Library's 2012 Summer Reading Program THIS WEEK ONLY - June 4 - 9! Children who have completed kindergarten - 3rd grade AND preschoolers, grades 4 & 5 are eligible.
- When Jun 04, 2012 10:00 AM to Jun 09, 2012 02:00 PM (US/Central / UTC-500)
- Where Library circulation desk
- Contact Name Sara Zumwalt
- Contact Phone 324-3866
- Add event to calendar iCal
Two programs to choose from for 2012!
For Children Who...
Completed Kindergarten - Third Grade: Hands On Program
This program meets weekly -- every THURSDAY at 1pm beginning June 21 -- for crafts and more! Read books to win prizes! Space is limited!!! Orientation for the program will be held Thursday, June 14 at 1pm (note the date change!!!) for full details on READ ACROSS AMERICA!
Preschoolers or Completed 4th & 5th Grade: On Your Own Program
Read books on your own, at your own pace, to win prizes! Simply sign up and keep track of all books read. Come into the Library each week to recieve a PRIZE just for reading.
Both groups will be invited to attend our CELEBRATION OF SUMMER party
at the Litchfield Memorial Pool!
Attention 6th graders and up... BORED ALREADY THIS SUMMER?????
Come volunteer to help @ your Library for Summer Reading! Call Sara for more information!
The following items are needed for our Summer Reading Program. If you have any of these items and are willing to donate, please bring the items into the Library no later than June 15.
* red, black, white, grey cardstock
* black and green posterboard
* dried beans -- any kind
* baby wipes
* aluminum foil
* foam - not cardboard - egg cartons
* icing tub containers
* glue sticks
* construction paper
* monetary donations are always appreciated!